Podcast: Talking Drone Safety with AirMap CEO Ben Marcus
AirMap is looking to build the air traffic management system of the future.
AirMap’s goal is to empower millions of drone fliers with accurate airspace information to fly safely. Partnering with 3D Robotics and DJI will certainly help.
We caught up with Ben Marcus, CEO and cofounder of AirMap, to shed some light on the recent partnerships and how his company’s innovation is look to ensure drone safety.
Listen to the podcast using the embedded player below.
Listen to this podcast
Subscribe to this podcast
- Hosts: Steve Crowe, Ben Marcus
- Duration: 21:16
- How AirMap Works: 2:01
- Inside 3D Robotics, DJI Partnerships: 4:52
- Does AirMap Work With all Drones?: 8:54
- Licensing Fees Involved?: 9:41
- Balancing Safety & Hobbyist Interest: 10:06
- Security of Verified DJI Accounts: 11:53
- Examples of Unlocking Restricted Areas: 13:18
- New FAA Education Program: 15:51
- Building an Air Traffic Management System: 17:48
- AirMap Needs Your Help: 19:20
- Reaction from Drone Community: 19:51