Company Says Robotics Industry Can Use its InduraNET p for Wireless Communication Needs
‘InduraNET p from Pilz is specifically designed for use in an industrial environment.’
These days robots have successfully established themselves in a wide range of industrial applications. Whether it's the automotive industry, packaging technology, or sheet metal working: industrial robots play an ever increasing role.
The robotics industry needs a reliable, wireless transmission of standard I/O data to mobile plant or machine sections. The wireless system InduraNET p (Industrial Radio Network) from Pilz is specifically designed for use in an industrial environment, the company said in a prepared statement. The remote IP67 module is ideally suited for use on robots (installed on the tool, close to the process). As a result, cable wear and open circuit can be avoided; even dust and water cannot damage the module.
Pilz's InduraNET p’s key features include high availability, thanks to the robust communication technology, and a unique antenna system, plus the ability to coexist with other wireless systems. Thanks to its rugged design, the IP67 remote module is suitable for installation close to the process, directly on the sensors. This is important, so manufacturers can avoid long cable routes and reduce cable wear.
A connection to all common fieldbus systems means that InduraNET p can be incorporated into existing network architectures. This guarantees a high degree of flexibility when selecting the fieldbus and control system.
Some of InduraNet p's benefits include:
- Highly available wireless communication in an industrial environment via the InduraNET p protocol and industrial antenna system
- Direct assembly on mobile machine parts -- due to a high resistant to dirt and mechanical stress, plus a suitable antenna
- Space-saving application outside the control cabinet -- IP67 protection
- Licence-free, uses the free worldwide ISM frequency bands
- Solves the problems of cost-intensive, wearing cable connections
- Connection to all common fieldbus systems
InduraNET p can replace data light beam devices, trailing cables/ cable drag chains, and sliding contacts.
SOURCE: Pilz Automation Safety L.P. via marketwire