New bag gripper is easily and quickly adjustable, and supports bag weights up to 111 lbs.
>SAS< Automation recently introduced a new adjustable bag gripper for a variety of bag handling applications that eliminates the need for costly custom tooling and can be adjusted quickly and easily in minutes for different production runs using a simple hand wheel. Ideal for plastic, woven cloth and paper bags containing heavy products including grains, chemicals, dog food, minerals and plastic resins.
This innovative gripper uses stainless steel fingers for both strength and their ability to withstand harsh manufacturing environments. A decker mechanism is designed into the tool to facilitate an accurate bag drop once positioned over the pallet --crucial for a tightly packed pallet. In less than 30 seconds, the tool’s bag width can be changed from 12 to 21 inches.
Adjustable Bag Gripper Details:
- Handles Bag Weights: 110 lbs (50 kg)
- Handles Bag Sizes: 12” wide X 12” long X 3” tall to 21” wide X 35” long X 6” tall
- Gripper Tool Weight: 78 kg (172 lbs)
- Bearings are double-sealed for long life.
- Independent decking plates center bags on the EOAT and provide accurate bag placement for tight packing on pallet
- Can be fitted with a servo drive to automatically adjust width while on-the-move to accommodate mixed loads.
- Uses 5/8” diameter solid stainless steel radius fingers for long-lasting durability.
- High flow pneumatic valves provide a complete open/close cycle in less than 600 milliseconds (.6 seconds).
About >SAS< Automation
SAS< is a leading supplier of modular EOAT components, end effectors & robotic gripper systems – capable of servicing any part and any robot. >SAS< manufactures in the USA “get a grip!”, and distributes “nip it!” Nile sprue nipper line, and “GRIP IT!“ Asian chucking/gripper line. >SAS< is ISO 9001:2000 Quality Certified. Specialists in Robotic End-of-Arm tooling & Gripper systems, Sprue Nippers, CNC degating & Insert Mold tooling for manufacturing, packaging & plastics industries. Sales, service & support to: USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe.
SAS Automation, LLC
1200 South Patton Street
Xenia, OH 45385 USA
P: 937- 372-5255
Marketing Options LLC