Robotics Trends and EH Publishing today announced that the RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition program will feature a dedicated ‘RoboMedicus’ track and sessions focused on Healthcare Robotics and Automation to help robotics professionals identify opportunities in this important and growing market. The 5th annual RoboBusiness Conference & Exposition takes place April 8-9, 2008 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, PA. The event website is http://www.robobusiness.com.
The two-day conference program will include a keynote presentation by Take Kanade, Professor of Computer Science and Robotics at Carnegie Mellon University, on Wednesday, April 9 at 9:00am. In his address, entitled ‘Quality of Life Technology,’ Kanade will discuss the challenges, opportunities, and progress of Quality of Life Technologies, defined as intelligent systems that augment body and mind for self-determination for older adults and people with disabilities.
Conference sessions in the RoboMedicus track will address the most timely issues in healthcare robotics, including:
- Current and Future Trends in Quality of Life Technology
- Creating Products that Catch the Age Wave: What you Need to Know
- An Interactive Robot to Enhance Therapy and Education for Children with Disabilities
- Trauma Pod: Operating Room of the Future
- Prescription for Safety: How Robotics is Transforming Retail Pharmacy
- Robotic Surgery: State of the Art, State of the Future
- Challenges in Acute Care Automation
- Robotic Exoskeletons for Gait Assistance and Training of the Motor Impaired
- Domestic Mobile Robots as Assistive Companions
- Mobile Service Robots in an Eldercare Setting
According to Dan Kara, conference chairman and President of Robotics Trends, “The intersection of technological advancement and demography has resulted in a rapidly expanding market opportunity for healthcare automation, lifestyle enhancement and medical robotics products and services. The RoboMedicus component of the RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition includes both examples of cutting edge solutions in these areas, as well as sessions delivered by world class speakers that will provide guidance on to enter newer and even larger healthcare submarkets.”
RoboBusiness is the only industry event dedicated to the issue of applying emerging mobile robotics and intelligent systems technology to develop entirely new products and markets, as well as enhance existing solutions and services. The event also addresses sales, marketing and partnering strategies.
RoboBusiness will host dozens of robotics companies on the Expo Floor, 35+ conference sessions, and exclusive networking functions. Conference program Tracks include:
- Business Development and Partnership
- Applications and Products
- Achieving Autonomy
- Workforce Development
- RoboMedicus/Healthcare Robotics
- Security and Defense
- Intelligent Transportation and Field Robotics
- First Responder Robotics
- Consumer Robotics
RoboBusiness has garnered support from the world’s leading robotics vendors, associations and media channels including: Founding Sponsor, iRobot; Premier Sponsor, The Technology Collaborative; and Gold Sponsors, CoroWare and the Korea Advanced Intelligent Robot Association (KAIRA). A complete list is available online at http://www.robobusiness.com.
About Robotics Trends
Robotics Trends, a division of EH Publishing, Inc., is the world’s first integrated media firm serving the burgeoning personal, service and mobile robotics marketplace. Robotics Trends services their clientele through three major business divisions:
- Robotics Trends Publishing, which produces http://www.roboticstrends.com, an online news, information and analysis portal focused on business and technology trends for people who build, buy, invest in, and seek to understand the personal, service, mobile and military robotics market; ‘
- Robotics Trends Events, which produces the RoboDevelopment Conference and Exposition (http://www.robodevelopment.com), RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition (http://www.robobusiness.com) and the RoboNexus Conference and Exposition (http://www.robonexus.com); and
- Robotics Trends Analyst Services serving the strategic consulting needs of leading emerging robotics manufacturers.
About EH Publishing
EH Publishing, Inc. is the information leader and resource for the home electronic industry. Serving the technology and construction markets, EH Publishing, Inc. reaches more than half a million home electronic professionals, builders and consumers worldwide. Founded in 1994, EH Publishing, Inc. has defined, cultivated and raised awareness of the $15 billion electronic/installed home industry through its products, which include print publications, on-line publications, trade shows and market studies. EH Publishing, Inc. is the industry’s source for home technology information and market analysis, with the targeted print and on-line publications: Electronic House, Home Electronic Ideas, CE Pro, CE Pro Retailing, ChannelPro, TecHome Builder, Live Sound, and targeted tradeshows: Electronic House Expo (EHX), Electronic Security Expo (ESX), Worship Facilities Conference & Expo (WFX), RoboDevelopment Conference and Expo, and RoboBusiness Conference and Expo. To find out more, visit http://www.ehpub.com.
For further information, please call Dan Kara at 508-663-1500 x329 or email . For sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, contact Ellen Cotton at 508-663-1500 x240 or email .
RoboBusiness media registration is now available. Please visit http://www.robobusiness.com/registration/media.html to register or contact Jessica Camerato at 508-663-1500 x296 or email .
# # #
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.