The company’s Parata RDS (Robotic Dispensing System) automates prescription dispensing, and set new benchmarks for performance. It fills up to 154 prescriptions/hour with an automated process that includes labeling a vial, filling, capping and sorting each prescription by patient last name. The solution is 100 percent accurate for drug and dose, reducing the risk of prescription error in pharmacy.
“Unlike many dot-com startups in which a company formed to take a cool technology and find a market for it, Parata emerged from a ‘perfect storm’ of industry issues – a pharmacist shortage, increasing prescription volumes and legislative pressures that decreased reimbursements – and set out to find a technology solution,” Calderwood said.
Today, Parata Systems has more than 1,500 units across the United States.
About Parata Systems
Durham, N.C.-based Parata Systems, LLC, offers industry-leading technology that improves safety and convenience at key touch points in the circle of pharmacy care:
1. Fill. Parata RDS (Robotic Dispensing System) improves the speed and accuracy of dispensing at retail pharmacies
2. Serve. Parata APM expands convenience, safety and privacy with self-service prescription pick up
3. Adhere. Parata onePAC packaging improves patient safety by promoting better adherence with easy-to-use, customized, convenience packaging for medications.
To learn more call, click or visit Parata Systems, http://www.parata.com, , 1-888-PARATA1 (727-2821).
About Robotics Trends
Robotics Trends, a division of EH Publishing, Inc., is the world’s first integrated media firm serving the burgeoning personal, service and mobile robotics marketplace. Robotics Trends services their clientele through three major business divisions:
• Robotics Trends Publishing, which produces http://www.roboticstrends.com, an online news, information and analysis portal focused on business and technology trends for people who build, buy, invest in, and seek to understand the personal, service, mobile and military robotics market;
• Robotics Trends Events, which produces the RoboDevelopment Conference and Exposition (http://www.robodevelopment.com), RoboBusiness Conference and Exposition (http://www.robobusiness.com) and the RoboNexus Conference and Exposition (http://www.robonexus.com); and
• Robotics Trends Analyst Services serving the strategic consulting needs of leading emerging robotics manufacturers.